"Seltsames Paar" by Emil Nolde
"Strange MoCap Couple"
by Natural Media Lab
Mapping Multimodal Dialogue
Friday Nov. 22, 2013, 9:00h-19:00h
Saturday, Nov. 23, 2013, 9:30h-17:00h
RWTH Aachen Guesthouse, Melatener Straße 31-35, 52074 Aachen
This workshop brings together junior and senior researchers from various disciplines, e.g. linguistics, computer science or neuroscience, working on the investigation of embodied communicative behavior in multiple modalities, such as speech, manual and head gestures or eye gaze. In this context, 'mapping' may be understood in terms of, for instance:
- systematically recording, documenting, annotating, visualizing and reconstructing the interactive dynamics of multimodal dialogue (enlarging the scope from manual gestures to the entire body including body posture, torso and head movements, eye-gaze, etc.),
- embodied conceptual structures and construal operations assumed to drive communicative action and multimodal acts/performances,
- neural correlates and brain activation patterns,
- establishing behavioral/interactional patterns and time-elastic multimodal clusters.
Click here to access workshop program.
- Kirsten Bergmann (Universität Bielefeld)
- Lucas Bietti (Telecom ParisTech)
- Geert Brône (KU Leuven)
- Kurt Feyaerts (KU Leuven)
- Hedda Lausberg (Sporthochschule Köln)
- Maarten Lemmens (Université Lille 3)
- Irene Mittelberg (RWTH Aachen)
- Cornelia Müller (Viadrina Frankfurt/Oder)
- Paul Sambre (KU Leuven)
- Natural Media/NeuroPeirce Research Group (HumTec)
- e-cosmos Research Group (HumTec)
- SignGes (Interdisciplinary Centre for Sign Language and Gesture)
- Cologne-Aachen Gesture Colloquium
Linn-Marlen Rekittke, M.A.
Building 6070 | Room 402
Phone: +49 241 80 25483
Fax: +49 241 80 22493