The Living Labs Incubator (LLI)
The Living Labs Incubator studies, connects and supports transdisciplinary projects and institutions around RWTH Aachen University.
Living Labs are playing an increasingly important role at technical universities, also at and around RWTH Aachen University. As a place for collaboration between science, policy, business, industry and society, Living Labs allow for the collaborative exploration of challenges and the co-design of new technologies, social innovations and sustainable development. Crucially, these collaborative endeavours are always embedded in specific contexts. This requires both sensitivity with regard to local circumstances as well as strategies for transfer beyond the individual lab.
The Living Labs Incubator (LLI) studies the methods, strategies and settings of different Living Labs. The LLI network, which consists of projects and institutions at and around RWTH Aachen University that are inspired by the concept of the Living Lab, provides the basis and starting point of this research. Amongst other, the LLI develops typologies of Living Labs and indicators for knowledge transfer.
Connecting and supporting Living Labs, for example through workshops and other formats, are also central tasks of the LLI.
Work of the LLI
- Capture: The LLI captures the diversity of different Living Labs around RWTH Aachen University. The LLI database provides an overview of the different transdisciplinary projects and institutions represented in the LLI network.
- Analyze: The main focus of the LLI is the scientific analysis of Living Labs. Current research includes screening and categorising of Living Labs and knowledge transfer.
- Inform: The LLI website and the LLI newsletter (in German) bundle information about activities by and for Living Labs and make them accessible to all interested parties.
- Network: The LLI acts as a central hub for transdisciplinary institutions around RWTH Aachen University and for cooperations with external platforms and networks. Open networking meetings are held regularly.
- Qualify: One of the LLI' s tasks is to promote and strengthen transdisciplinary competencies. To this end, Workshops are offered regularly and a Living Lab Training Center will be established.
- Accompany: TheLLI team is always open for consultations and collaborations. Please contact us if you're interested.
|09/06/2022||ERS Seed Fund Call "Collaborating in Living Labs"|
|01/06/2022||LLI article in current pnd issue (1/2022)|
|31/01/2022||Save the Date: 3rd LLI networking event|
|10/01/2022||LLI ENoLL application accepted|