The Living Labs Incubator (LLI)
The Living Labs Incubator researches, connects and supports transdisciplinary projects and institutions around RWTH Aachen University.
Living labs are playing an increasingly important role at technical universities, also at and around RWTH Aachen University . As a place for collaboration between science, policy, business, industry and society, Living Labs allow for the collaborative exploration of challenges and seizing of opportunities around new technologies, social innovations and sustainable development. Cruciall y , these collaborations are always embedded in specific contexts. This requires both context-sensitivity as well as strategies for transfer .
The Living Labs Incubator (LLI) studies the methods, strategies and settings of different Living Labs. The LLI network, which consists of projects and institutions at and around RWTH Aachen University that are inspired by the concept of the Living Lab, provides the basis and starting point of this research. Amongst other, the LLI distinguishes different types of Living Labs for clarification and categorization and develops indicators for knowledge transfer.
Networking and supporting of Living Labs, for example through workshops and other formats, are also central tasks of the LLI.
Work of the LLI
- Capture: LLI captures the diversity of different Living Labs around RWTH Aachen University. The LLI database provides an overview of the different transdisciplinary projects and institutions represented in the LLI network.
- Analyze: The main focus of LLI is the scientific analysis of Living Labs. Current research involves the typifications of Living Labs and their knowledge transfer.
- Inform: The LLI website and the LLI newsletter (in German) bundle information about activities by and for Living Labs and make them accessible to all interested parties.
- Network: The LLI acts as a central hub for transdisciplinary institutions around RWTH and for cooperations with external platforms and networks. Open networking meetings are held regularly.
- Qualify: One of LLI's tasks is to promote and strengthen transdisciplinary competencies. Workshops are offered regularly for this purpose. In addition, a Living Lab Training Center will be established.
- Accompany: Living Lab projects can be advised and accompanied by the LLI. Collaborations are also possible, for example with regard to funding opportunities.
|05/07/2022||Save the Date: Workshop with Basel University|
|09/06/2022||ERS Seed Fund Call "Collaborating in Living Labs"|
|01/06/2022||LLI article in current pnd issue (1/2022)|
|31/01/2022||Save the Date: 3rd LLI networking event|
|28/01/2022||Up for registration: Design Thinking Workshop of the LLI|
|24/01/2022||LLI Workshop "Lernzyklen im Reallabor"|
|10/01/2022||LLI ENoLL application accepted|